Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Timex Run 2012: Running with Piolo

I decided to run Timex run 2012 last year. In 2010, it seemed like THE fun run event to join and when it was organized once again by Run Rio, I didn't want to miss this run. Plus, running celebrity Piolo Pascual is headlining this race.

 I ran 10k with Piolo

Experience the lead a pace in 10k

I wanted to do a sub-60 PR in this race but since I joined a 21k race a week ago, I wasn't able to train so I was just going to go on a fun run for this. I urged my fellow PRC (Pex Running Club) members to join me in the 10k category. Hamza and Enrich decided to join me. Over twitter, we agreed to pace with a goal of 1 hour finish time.

 Namamasyal kami ni Hamza c/o Angelo Photography

That was Hamza's first 10k race. If you would remember, Miguel paced with me on my first 10k race so I decided to do the same and stick with Hamza until he finished his first 10k. Our strategy was to do slow running for the first 5k and 5k pace for the last 5k.

 Post Race with Bloggers: Eman, Banjo and Rainier

We did just that. On the first 5k, we were doing a mixture of fast running to avoid the crowded lines and slow running to catch our breathe. When we got to the 5k mark, we decided to walk it off. The 5k mark was in the road behind MC Home Depot. And Enrichard who was late for the gun start caught up with us. For the 5th to 9th KM, we walked and slow ran and sprinted.

PRC Boys in Timex Run 2012

For the last KM, we ran slow and when we reached the finish line we sprinted to have a 1:10 finish which was a new PR for me.

New PR: The Result

Here is my official result:



Check out your results in:
http://runrio.com/2012/01/2012-timex-run-race-results/

Post Race: Chowking 

 Chowking Brekfast after Timex Run 2012

after the race, we walked to Chowking to have breakfast. Chowking is a Chinese fast food restaurant. We chose this restaurant 'coz it would be Chinese New Year in the next day.

7 comments:

deemenrunner said...

panalo ung action shot - walk in the park. haha! happy chinese new year!

michymichymoo said...

Where's Piolo? at siya talaga yung hinanap ko.hahaha

http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com

Thirdy Lopez said...

@michy: Nauna na siya....

Ambilis niya!

@deemenrunner: kaya! yan lang in action pics na tinag ako eh...

atty. stacy said...

wow pretty good. Akala ko sa title the real piolo hehe

Thirdy Lopez said...

@stacy: i did ran with piolo naman.. he's just way way fast...

Unknown said...

Good job! Galing mo sobra. Di ko talaga ata kaya yan

Sumi Go said...

Great job sir! ;) At grabe, you joined the 21k event @__@ Ako kaya, kelan makaka-join ng fun runs.

NuffNang Ads