Tuesday, January 03, 2012

How Ortigas tortured me? AXN Runs Philippines 2011

From a 3 week business trip, I went back to running in Fun Run events in the AXN Runs Philippines that was held last September 18, 2011. I joined the 5k category which meant this was my fourth 5k run.

 5K Runner

 Nung una, okay pa yung road eh.. But towards the end, uphill was torture.

 with Running buddies: Dom and Lee

I was gunning for a sub-30 5k but I didn't really seriously train as I was only running aimlessly around my hotel. So I wasn't able to achieve that goal. Plus, the route was deadly with the uphill near Home Depot. I ran with Dom and Lee in this event. I tried to pace with injured Dom but he was still so fast that I couldn't catch him (Adik lang si Dom na kahit injured eh naka-sub 30 pa rin). There was also a lot of people who ran this event so we started walking at gun start. It was my first time to experience that so that was really annoying.

Highlight of the Post race activities

Post race wasn't that exciting as we got a boring loot bag containing only a box of Athena, a specialized milk for women. The highlight of the post race festivities was the Enervon-C booth where we played the ball catching game with enthusiastic cheerleaders cheering you on. There were a great number of runners too that why the freebies ran out.

Overall, this race was okay. the route was challenging but the start and finish is too congested for that many runners.

Credits to Andrew, Dom and AXN for the photos

6 comments:

Sumi Go said...

I'd love to join fun runs but I always have a problem on how to go to the venue.. :)) I live up north so it's really hard for me whenever the events would be held at Taguig.. >.< Anyway, hope this 2012 maka-join ako sa fun runs.. :)

Happy new year!

deemenrunner said...

i agree! sobrang torture talaga ung final uphill before the finish line. i did 21k here, and ilang araw bago ko nakatakbo uli. and yes, loot bag fail. hehe!

michymichymoo said...

I have to buy new running shoes. Do you have recommendations for beginners like me? :D

Thirdy Lopez said...

@Sumi: Are you from the North? Madmader is joining a run in Ateneo... Samahan mo siya...

@deemenrunner: mas grabe pa ata kapag 21k dalawang ikot sa flyover!

@michy: mag-pa gait analysis ka sa Runnr or Riovana store para swak sa paa mo yung running shoes na bibilhin mo...

Unknown said...

Sobrang bilib na ako sa dedication mo ... I'm going to start running next week ... kaawaan ako ... haha

Thirdy Lopez said...

Go, Kay!

NuffNang Ads