Saturday, March 19, 2005

Look back and Stare forward

At the start of the year, I decided that I will either be the CSO Publications Team Head or the Writers’ Guild President.
Being the assistant team head for publications gave experiences and insights that made me a better leader. I was able to experience my people skills with my staff and organization representatives. With my staff, I served as their link to the team. I updated them about the things they should do. I also made sure that I can be a person that they could go to if they had any questions about CSO or the opportunities they can venture into with CSO. I also made sure that we have fun while doing our respective work. Honestly, I would give myself a grade of 7. But I wished I could have done better. I could have developed better relationship with my staff. I am proud of how I had dealt with at least 5 people from my staff but I also wished I could have done the same with the other 5. Even though, I still feel that I had given my active staff a better experience as compared to my time as a Publications staff. In the part of organization representatives, I am proud to have been their link with APS, SPO and the rest of CSO. I am happy that when they have a problem with their organization or their publication they would ask me for help. I am glad that they found me approachable and helpful that they keep asking me for help and opinion. I’d give me a grade of 8 with this part of my job. I also wish that I could have made sure that even those without minor publication can approach me for help in their publication or org concerns. I am also happy that for these people, I was able to organize 5 seminars. Although majority of these seminars had low participation turnout, the competence was there. The best speakers had talked in these seminars and evaluations are always good. Our only problem was our audience, only that. I am also proud that I had made sure that SPO and CSO had good relations. Unlike last year, SPO had no bad things to tell us. I also got to know most of the SPO employees. In terms of the CSOracle, it is here that I feel I’d get a 4.I had made great efforts to continuing their releases starting from ARW release till today. But I had not made it a success. Too bad. But It wasn’t my priority to do this so overall I’d grade me a 7.

I also became the publicity assistant team head for the freshmen orientation where I helped design the office and cheer “Welcome Froshies!” to the incoming froshies. Aside from that I was the productions head for CSO day where I was supposedly in charge of the CSO night that was coinciding with ECES night. But the CSO day wasn’t approved and all my efforts just gave end with helping out with the CSO day exhibit. I was a bit sick at the end of the day so I couldn’t help out and attend. As Publications head for HOW, I wrote descriptions and compiled things for presentations.

CSO gave me insights and backgrounds that made me a better leader.

In LSCS, I was the assistant vice president for publication. Here, I was able to practice writing for a minor publication. I was able to do publications stuff like interviewing people, layout and writing. I’d give me a 9. Although, I did them late from the tasked deadline. I did what I signed up to do. I hated those extra jobs that I really didn’t do so It seems like the LSCS EB would have found me as a bad officers but I’d beg to differ.

For Writers’ Guild as Vice President for Publications, Id give me a 9.5. My only regret would be not being able to complete all four issues. The fourth issue owns the best excuse because there were no activities for the last term. I also did more that the things I should be doing. I served as the person holding the org together.

For the BA, I give me a 6. All the efforts was there it only lacks implementation which was not my fault because I was not the batch president.

For next year, I will be the WG president. I aim to be the best one. I want to start and rediscover the org’s history, venture away from the norm, control and inspire my officers and start a better WG.

I also want to be part of CSA as at most an AVP and the BA as my same position. Lastly as member of the OVP-ACT.

3 comments:

~* sowelu said...

thirdy!!! naks may blog ka pala di mo sinasabi! wala lang.

grabe dami mo pala accomplishments sa mga org mo. astig. hanga ako sau. :) i salute you! galing galing!! hehe..ayun. cge po ingats and keep up the good work! :) i'm proud of you! :)

~* sowelu said...

thirdy!!! naks may blog ka pala di mo sinasabi! wala lang.

grabe dami mo pala accomplishments sa mga org mo. astig. hanga ako sau. :) i salute you! galing galing!! hehe..ayun. cge po ingats and keep up the good work! :) i'm proud of you! :)

~* sowelu said...

thirdy!!! naks may blog ka pala di mo sinasabi! wala lang.

grabe dami mo pala accomplishments sa mga org mo. astig. hanga ako sau. :) i salute you! galing galing!! hehe..ayun. cge po ingats and keep up the good work! :) i'm proud of you! :)

NuffNang Ads