Friday, January 17, 2014

2013 Achievements and 2014 Plans

For 2013, I trained and trained to run 2 marathons. My first marathon had me prepping for 5 months starting 2013, including running in the cold weather of east coast US and pushing myself to training in Manila. My second marathon had me conquering Manila and pushing myself to 42kms. Those 2 marathon finishes were the biggest highlights of my 2013 running achievements and my overall running career.

Report from dailymile

2013 Running and Fitness Review

Starting last year (2012), I started preparing for my first marathon at the TBRDM. Up until the big event, I joined running events (Run 7-11 on January and Condura Skyway Marathon on February) and regularly ran long distances on weekends. The big day was on February 24 and I was able to officially become a marathoner in the Bull Runner Dream Marathon.

I ran my first marathon at TBRDM 2013

Then, I decided to complete the Run United Series starting with a 21km race on March.

April was a leisure run month as I wasn't training for the RUPM yet but my race calendar was full with Rebisco @ 50: the Gold Rush Run, Boracay Skyathon 2013, Safeguard/2XU Sole Racing Leg 1 and Nat Geo Earth Run.

Running in the White Sands of Boracay 
at the Skyathon 2013

Starting May, I trained for RUPM on October, I did regular weekday and weekend runs. Sometimes, I incorporated training runs with running events like Energizer Night Run, Run United 2, World Vision Run, Adidas KOTR, Takbo.ph Runfest, Sole Racing Leg 2, Bohol International Marathon, Battle of the Sexes Leg 2 and the MH Urbanathlon.

A day before the big day of RUPM, I got sick and all the training I did weren't enough to push for a PR but I am still a proud finisher and 2nd time marathon runner.

I am an RUPM 2013 finisher

After those 2 marathons, I did a few more runs without any goals of finishing with PRs in Sole Racing Leg 3 and Sante Barle Domination Run.

Also, I finally decided to join trail run with Salomon Xtrail Run on March and Teva Trail Challenge on July.

I joined trail runs

It was also fun to join fun runs in Boracay, Bohol and Laguna. My friends and I coupled run events with a vacation trips in these places with the Boracay Skyathon 2013Bohol International Marathon and Sole Racing Leg 3.

Fitness First Blogger Ambassadors

Lastly aside from running events, I was also able to participate in the GNC Fitness Throwdown which was part of the series of events leading to my introduction to crossfit. Also, I was invited to be one of the fitness first blogger ambassador where I was able to experience personal training.

WOD at the GNC Fitness Throwdown

2014 Plans

Having finished 2 marathons in the country, I have no plans of running long distances seriously for 2014. But I am (indefinitely) gunning for new PRs for 3kms, 5kms and 10kms. My main goal is to join a triathlon relay and joining aquathlon events with better swimming times. I have been training regularly (as possible) on weekends and hoping my training will progress to open water swimming soon.

Balik Tubig sa 2014

Also, I want to concentrate with fitness training with CrossFit and Fitness First Group Classes.

Special Thanks to Fitness First, CFMNL, CrossFit Mad Minute, WOD Nation, Run Rio Inc., Proactive events, PR firms, Planet Zips, TBR Dream Team, Ayala Triads, Team Titans, PEx Running Club, Kulit runner, Deemen Runner, Run Adobo King, Speedy Titan, Running Free Manila, Jazz Runner, Franc Ramon, JhamJham runner, Kamote Runner, Little Running Teacher, Bilog Girl, Running Diva, Takbo.ph, Pinoyfitness, Swim Bike Run, Event King, Fabulous Running Divas, Running Atom, Running Photographers, Photo Ops,  Other Running photographers and other running friends and many more!

2 comments:

deemenrunner said...

wow special mention ang birdies! hahaha! congrats thirdy! talagang december bumagsak ang graph, ganun ata tayong lahat basta holiday season.

here's to a stronger and fitter 2014!

Franc said...

Good luck on your 2014 Plans Thirdy!!!

NuffNang Ads