Sunday, March 31, 2013

Post-marathon: That Freaking Forty Two Shirt

When Jaymie (the bull runner) posted a draft of a team manila finisher's shirt, everyone was all praises and excited about owning that ****in' forty shirt. I was didn't like to own that shirt then. I found it distasteful and I didn't like to wear anything negative so during the send-off I skipped the line to get that (now) freakin' forty two shirt.

But after experiencing the pain and the joy of finishing my first marathon, I understood the attraction to own that shirt so right after my race I bought my own. I am proud to wear it 'coz it is a reminder of my achievement of being able to run 42 kilometers and how that 42km run wasn't easy.

Proud of that forty freaking two


2 comments:

michymichymoo said...

Congratulations!!! I can't even run up to 10k.hahaha! Can you do a beginner's guide for running (for noobs like myself)? :)

Thirdy Lopez said...

Great Idea!

I'll put suggestions on my next blog post.

NuffNang Ads