Thursday, September 15, 2011

Manila International Book Fair

Every year, book and other publishing companies gather in a single venue to celebrate reading in the Manila International Book Fair. In this event, book signings, story telling and book sales occur. An event for a book, comic or magazine readers shouldn't miss.

Past Years

I remember going to the Manila Book Fair 2006 as a participant in the Literary Fest wherein I performed a poetry reading of a poem I did with my Writers' Guild orgmates. The poem is a form of poetry wherein one person writes a line and the next person does the next one and so on and so forth. Then, after our performance I went inside the book fest event and went home with a loot of comics that costs P100 or something for 10 comics. I remember not planning to buy anything then going home with a loot of unplanned purchases. I got comics at a bargain including Mutant X, Xmen and Spiderman.

In 2007, I wasn't in the Philippines when it was held so I missed it. Sad for me.

But in 2008, I got another great loot where I got my first back issues of Men's Health, as well as other titles

2009 Loot

In 2009, I was able to find a lootbag promo for P2000 only. I placed the complete paperback series ofHarry Potter and a few kiddie books which I sent to my sponsored kid from World Vision. I also bought a Carlo Vergara book and even had it signed.

 2010 Loot

Last year, I renewed my Men's Health Subscription at the Summit Media booth and got 5 free back issues. Also, I got John Maxwell book at a discount which I honestly haven't read yet.

32nd MIBF

I read in some blog posts that MIBF featured the first book readers conference on its first day, September 14. I really don't know what does that mean so I guess I didn't miss a lot. But I guess I did. They also said David Pomeranz is performing sometime which I really don't care for, too.

What I am excited about is renewing my Men's Health Subscription and getting a Runner's World Subscription. I wonder if what freebies I could get. As well, Filipino books bargain and maybe I would be able to meet a book writer or even two.

Also, if you are planning to go to the Manila Book Fair this Saturday. Gimme a ring. Maybe we could meet each other there.

Lastly, check out this link for free tickets.

2 comments:

madmader said...

Hi thirdy... so what did you get at the MIBF this year? My kids and I went last Friday :)

Thirdy Lopez said...

I'll make a post about it, maybe later!

Enjoy talaga sa MIBF!

Kayo? Anung loot niyo?

NuffNang Ads