Sunday, November 20, 2011

360 Fitness Club Challenge: Things I get myself into

After my first urbanathlon finish, I went on a whim and tried the 360 Fitness Club Challenge. The challenge entailed an inidividual to do a circuit with a 12 lb kettlebell. Since the rest of our running buddies are still on the road, I said to myself, "Why not?" and signed up for the challenge.

 Unsuspecting Victim

The challenge

The challenge included 50 kettlebell swings, 25 squat-shoulder press combo on each side and 20 one sided squats. It looked easy but it really wasn't. Kettle bell swings were easy at the beginning but towards the end I could feel my body giving up. Then, I had to do the squat - shoulder press combo. I couldn't even control the kettle bell on the position the trainer told me to do. At the right side, I completed the 25 reps with the last 10 reps extremely wiggly. On the left side, I could only do 10 reps. Then I rested a lot and the trainer was already helping me to raise the kettle bell to a shoulder press. That was my limit.

 Kettle bell swings are not easy at all

More Swings you do that harder it becomes

To end the torture, I was finished 20 one sided squats. At that time, I was thinking about joining a gym again. Apparently, not following a regimen hadn't improved my muscles so at that time, I decided to join 360 Fitness Club by next year. I got vouchers from FTX and MAP so I have myself covered in attending gyms for the next 3 months.

 Resting at the combo

Struggling at that shoulder press

Trainer is already helping me

Come February though, I have to join a gym on the top of my list is 360 Fitness Club.

11 comments:

michymichymoo said...

I know those guys! That's Coach Martin and Coach Alex. :D I used to be a member of 360 Fitness Club. :D

Sumi Go said...

Kettlebells look so hard to work with >.<

Thirdy Lopez said...

@Sumi: Yes. But it is better that your body is challenged so it will grow...

@Michy: Yey! Malapit ka kasi sa Ortigas branch. Nag-stop ka na?

ZaiZai said...

I was just reading about the workout you did and I felt tired already! haha! great that you finished it :)

Thirdy Lopez said...

@Zai: Thanks for sharing the hirap... LOL

ardee sean said...

i wanna try the kettlebells, haven't tried yet.. really a nice workout you had there.. ;)

Thirdy Lopez said...

@ardee: tama! I'll try kettle bells ulet later... :)

Unknown said...

it looks hard ... this coming from a lazy ass like me

Thirdy Lopez said...

@Kay: Mahirap nga.. pero masaya!

michymichymoo said...

Yeah, I stopped. Will try to renew soon. I miss the kettlebells. :D

Thirdy Lopez said...

@mich:go! go! go!

NuffNang Ads