Wednesday, March 02, 2011

What if

If there is one thing I regret, it would be that I didn't take that job something in June last year.

I started looking for a job sometime in April 2010 and after a very difficult quest to a company who fits my standard, I landed an offer. It was a good enough offer although it was lower than what I was getting.

On the day before handing over my resignation. One of my officemates, who became my team lead, approached me and asked me to stay instead. She told me that I would be a great loss to the team and only I could do the job I am doing. So I let go of that job offer and stayed here instead.

After a few months, the sacrifice was fruitful. I am currently tagged for promotion. Although, the salary difference from my current job and that job offer ceased when BIR released a ruling that made me in eligible for a Regional Office Tax break.

I wished I took that offer instead... What if I could have gone to France? What if I am already a team lead by now?

Anyway, regrets are not that useful. Instead, dwell on the present and plan and work for the future.

I have two options: Find a different job. Still in IT 'coz that is my specialty anyway. But not doing java or any hardcore programming. Job titles may include Business Analyst, QA Analyst or Developer using OOP tools.

My plan is to resign at exactly May 30, 2011 so my last day is on June 30, 2011. In this case, I wouldn't have to pay half of taxes paid for 2010 and early 2011.

I start looking for a job on April 15, 2011.

Countdown to when I look for another job


Countdown to my resignation day


Countdown to my last day in my current work


Another option is to not look for another job and quit having a job altogether, which is my preference. In this scenario, the countdown still applies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

halu thirdy. hehe. QA would be a good choice I think :) I myself would like to try QA but then the jobs I see online require certain software skills.

- arci

NuffNang Ads